Weight tracker

Thursday, September 1, 2011

EEK!

How is it possible that it has been over two weeks since I posted??

Oh, yeah. Life has been happening.

We have had company over, family in, and gone on a little trip in the past few weeks.

Plus, I got a little job. (more on that later)

All the while, I've not been doing well on either my eating choices, NOR my exercise.

I won't lie. I can make decent choices when I don't have carbs around me, but if they are there, I will eat them. This is the reason there are no chips in my house.

Or cookies.

Or cake.

Or chocolate.

I'll let the gravity of that sink in for a minute.

::crickets chirping::

But when I go camping, there are roasted marshmallows involved. In fact, there are ENTIRE. SMORES. involved.

There are chips.

There are cookies.

But there is also a lot of water, because I don't really care enough about soda to pack it.

And there is much physical activity, in the form of water sports. (and setting up and breaking camp...)

Meanwhile, I just ate like a normal camping fool, and ended up feeling pretty crummy. I could feel the water retension in my fingers and feet.

So when I came home, after a couple days feeling sorry for myself about the choices I had made, and a very encouraging letter from my daddy, I am back at it.

I am holding off weighing myself until I go weigh in at the doctor's office next week. That will give me a little time to shed a little of the excess water.

My fingers are already feeling a little better.

So. About the job.

I am working in the church kitchen once a week, where we serve a meal before evening service. This is especially difficult, because, as my daddy so correctly pointed out, it's a little like hiring an alcoholic to tend bar. I spent all day yesterday surrounded by the aroma of freshly baked cake.

Nice.

I'll just go over here and eat a salad, thank you.

Out here.

In my car.

Away from the cake.

Where you can't see me cry.

*sniff*

1 comment:

Encouragement corner