Weight tracker

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

It's a Love/Hate Relationship

Ah, the gym.

Otherwise known as the torture chamber.

I can't say I have ever had a love affair with that place. I really don't like going. I have nothing against exercise, per se. I have more of an issue with the pain I feel as a result of my visit.

And I don't like being sweaty.

Some ladies have a nice little glisten after thirty minutes of trudging uphill on a treadmill. I, on the other hand, sweat like a pig after about ten minutes. But stick me on the elliptical and I am gasping for breath after only five.

So, why does my trainer insist that I do the elliptical with RESISTANCE??

She is out to get me.

She gives me homework. Counter-top push-ups. I have yet to do them. :-D

I am doing 30 minutes of cardio daily during the week, then 45-60 minutes of weight training. Today I lasted 20 minutes on the elliptical before I switched to the bicycle. I'm determined to kick that elliptical machine's butt.

Meanwhile, I told you my weight yesterday was 258. I forgot to mention that it was five pounds lighter than a week ago. Woohoo!

Right after my workout yesterday, I was at our local stuff-mart, and the lady behind the clipboard at the photo booth asked me to do a survey, then offered me a free picture, just to let her practice by taking my picture.

Hear this: I do NOT like my picture taken. I hide from the camera. I don't let ANYONE photograph me. Those who love me best studiously try to adhere to my wishes in this department. So you can imagine how very monumental it was that I let this tiny girl take my picture when I was STRAIGHT. OUT. OF. THE. GYM.

But I needed a "before" picture.

Who was I to argue with a semi-professional free one??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Encouragement corner