Weight tracker

Friday, July 29, 2011

To All the Encouragers Out There...

I don't know how I would do this without all the encouragement rolling in. What can I say? I'm a people pleaser.

Everyone has been so sweet and encouraging! I know I have a long way to go to get to my goal.

I also know this has to be a life change. There isn't really a finish line, when it comes to being fit. I have a weight loss goal, but the number isn't really my point. I am just trying to get healthy.

And then stay there.

I have been working out daily with a friend, who has been where I am today. She is such a strong woman. I wanna be like her when I grow up. She has lost the weight, and gained some back, and lost some of it again. She started out somewhere close to where I am today, so she feels my pain. She knows how every day is a struggle, what with All. The. Eating.

And All. The. Exercise.

She told me today that she doesn't want me to quit. Not that I'm thinking of it, yet. But it IS my M.O. And she knows this path well enough to know how hard it is to stick to.

And then there's my BFF. She can't go to the gym with me, because she's working all day, and when she's not at work, she still has all the duties of a mom. But she's right there with me, even when she's not. She's actually paying for my weekly shots. Okay, I'm doing something for her, so technically she's just paying me, but we both know the "why." And knowing that she's making a sacrifice because she loves me and wants me around makes me feel treasured.

So, this post is dedicated to my friends. You know who you are. You are a great encouragement to me, and I appreciate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Encouragement corner