Weight tracker

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Self Control ~ Not me!

Well, I have been hit hard today. Right in the gut. Shawn and I are attending a class on Financial Peace at church. I'm sure you have heard of Dave Ramsey. The whole concept of living debt free is a beautiful dream, but reality is that we like to do what we want to do, when we want to do it.

Sound familiar?

Yes, getting my heart right about finances and getting my heart right about eating and exercise seems to be the same song. Or at least the same tune, with different words.

I just may as well say it. I am a sanguine. This is who I am. I love the fun thing. I love the spontaneous. I love doing what I want, eating what I want, going where I want, and not having to answer for any of it. But here is the problem. I have developed bad habits. I cannot stay on task. I do not stay on budget. I cheat on my diet. I choose not to work out when I don't feel like it. And all the while I smile really brightly and feel like a failure.

Today's Made to Crave challenge is to know that I CAN have self control. With God, all things are possible. When I feel like it is impossible to pass on something and exercise some self control, I can know that it IS possible. Self control is a fruit of the Spirit, and I have the Spirit living inside me! All I have to do is yield my flesh to God! Easier said than done, obviously.

I tell myself that I cannot give up sugar. I cannot give up my late mornings. I cannot give up (GASP) Facebook. But I CAN. And I will be doing it for a week, just to show myself.

Starting tomorrow. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Encouragement corner