Weight tracker

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Listening to God Instead of Mandisa

This morning I was heading into the gym with no desire to actually do so. I had a quick chat with the Lord. It went like this:

 Me: I don't really want to do this today, but I know you want me here. Please help me to have a good attitude and obey. It would be really great if I didn't hurt so much this morning, and I didn't have a headache...
 God:  ...therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's.
 Me: I know this body is yours, so please be glorified in it, as well as my spirit today.

Then when I got on the elliptical, I popped in my ear buds, as usual. Normally I have a few songs that inspire and motivate me to keep moving that I listen to on a shuffle. But for some reason, God prompted me to remove them.  I had no idea why I couldn't tune out the world and spend a little time jamming to some really great, upbeat Christian music. After all, it IS Christian music. But I obeyed. 

Soon a lady hopped on the elliptical right next to mine. You know that immediate feeling when someone sits right next to you in an empty theater and you look around thinking "There are at least a hundred empty seats in this place and they just sat RIGHT NEXT TO ME"? Well, there were several empty machines, but she chose the one right next to mine.

 So I said Hi. And we proceeded to visit and encourage one another throughout our workouts. Both of us have a long journey ahead of us. Both of us have recently gone back to the gym. If God hadn't told me to wake up and look around, I would have totally missed meeting her.

 Yes, Lord. I hear you.

1 comment:

Encouragement corner